Land Registry House Price Index – February 2015
Last week the Land Registry released their latest House Price Index for February 2015.
The report analyses house price data across England and Wales and informs on trends. It provides a guide and advises on the average price paid, monthly charge, annual charge and number of property transactions within a defined period.
Key highlights for February 2015 include:
- The average house price in the UK is £180,252
- The annual price change stands at 6.5%
- The annual data shows a monthly price increase of 0.5%
- The number of property transactions has increased over the last 12 months. From September – December 2013 there was an average of 77,174 property transactions per month. In the same period in 2014 there were 75,553.
- The average price of property in London was £463,872
- The annual price change stands at 13.1%
- The monthly change shows that London was up 0.6% in February 2015.
North East statistics:
- The average property price in the North East was £102,061
- The annual price change stands at 3.7%
- The monthly change shows that the North East had dramatically increased to 6.2% in February 2015.
- The average property price in Northumberland was £124,930
- The annual price change stands at 2.0%
- The monthly change shows that Northumberland had dropped to 0.8% in February.
Property type averages:
|Property type averages(England and Wales)||February 2015||February 2014||% Difference|